We've all seen the graphics on Pinterest or positive sayings on decor at the store, but Daily affirmations are simply positive statements you tell yourself (or your child) every day. This small investment in positive thinking can have a big impact on one’s well-being, and it’s especially beneficial for children as they build their self-image and learn how to navigate their feelings.
Below are 20 of our favorite affirmations to share with our kiddos, all of which are appropriate for ages 2+. We love repeating them aloud before bedtime or writing them on sticky notes as gentle reminders to look back on throughout the day.
1. My Thoughts and Feelings Are Important
2. I Can Do Anything I Set My Mind To
3. I Remember That Hard Feelings Come and Go
4. I can speak up when someone isn't being kind
5. I love myself just as I love others.
6. I can make a positive impact on people’s lives.