Part-Time Retail Sales Associate
Polished Prints Shop, City Foundry, St. Louis
About: Polished Prints is an intentional lifestyle goods line designed for women and kids. Our brand started in 2018 as a small hobby and has evolved into a leader in the world of ethically-made childrenswear, sold in over 400 boutiques and online at major retailers such as Nordstrom.com and Dia & Co. As we head into the busy season, we're looking for 1-2 retail sales associates to join our team.
Objective: To create a friendly, uplifting and inspiring customer experience; encompassing the Polished Prints lifestyle and brand image, all while maintaining store operations and achieving sales goals.
- Build genuine relationships with customers
- Greet all customers upon entering the store
- Offer to hold items for the customers at the cash wrap
- Determine the customer’s needs and offer suggestions and alternatives
- Offer to locate out-of-stock product from warehouse or from a retail partner
- Assist in maintaining store merchandising and operational standards
- Uphold all company policy and procedures
- Arrive at scheduled time to open store
- Ring transactions efficiently, issue a receipt
- Compare signatures on the back of card and on the POS screen
- Demonstrate knowledge of return policy
- Inquire if their purchase is a gift that needs to be wrapped
- Maintain quality control by checking every item before putting on the floor
- Participate in daily inventory counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available 1-2 days a week between the hours of 4pm and 7pm
- Must be available to work at least 2 weekends per month, between 11am and 7pm
- 10-15 hours per week, schedules are determined at least three weeks in advance
Essential Skills + Qualities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- An eye for store layouts and merchandising.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Willingness to learn about Polished Prints in order to educate customers
- Passion for ethically made goods and small business
- Enthusiastic personality and excitement about the brand
- Conflict resolution skills when working with the public
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Retail experience
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- $15 Hourly pay
- 50% brand discount, 20% off everything else
Interested parties should send their resume and cover letter to Claire Nelson at email@example.com. Please include a brief description of why you are interested in working with Polished Prints and what your favorite t-shirt design is.